Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Twice in One Day?


Well it will be if I get this post finished before midnight. Soon I will be like May Britt posting 4 times a day LOL!!

Thanks for your encouraging comments about the sewing room organisation. I still can not start anything until it is all done, and the other 2 quilts ready to go.

Except maybe this crochet rag rug, because it isn't quilting... I'm really impressed with the outcome. I have always been a crocheter, preferring the instant gratification of crochet, that in my experience, doesn't come from knitting! I had this 10.00mm hook (it is an N) so I had a go. The navy is linen, which I will now put on the other end as well. The bits in the middle are from the scrap boxes. The rug will be a rectangle which will go on the timber floor in front of the kitchen sink. I want to make some more, but where will I put them? I'm not big on mats generally. Bathmat? Would take ages to dry. Placemats? Maybe. Pot holders? Mat to put hot dishes on? Hmmm.

Oh well, the plotting and planning keeps me off the streets! I am moving departments at work at the end of this month - I am going to work in the Emergency Dept. So, my rostering arrangements are changing, and not for the better. Where I am now I go to a different ward each night, and I pretty well have a set roster. This will not be the case in ED. The roster came out and of course I am working the night before the next quilt group meeting, which will be my first one. So I figure 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and have asked for the day off even though I haven't even started there yet - bit cheeky. The boss rang me today and said it was ok, so I am pleased. I want to go while I am still inspired.

The Fairybread mystery has been solved I see. I plan to put a little pic of it up as my ID photo.

3 comments:

  1. Great shelf to help you get organized -- we can all use some of that. Your rug looks fun. I might be able to manage a recatangle shape -- hmmmm, I have some strips ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I went to summer-camp as a child, the big deal was fluffy white bread with a ton of butter spread on it, and then a ton of plain white sugar -- but I never developed a taste for it. The 100s and 1000s sound so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep on posting LOL Some days we have much to say, and like now I am at a workclass and nothing is happening. Luckily I am in front of a computer and can follow whats up in blogworld. Will write a looooong post when I am back home. Or several small posts LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.