Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fabric Arrives for Finished Quilt


My fabric parcel from Hancocks finally arrived - well the replacement for the lost parcel arrived. The original was sent on 1 August. Here are the japanese fabrics for the finished quilt. Oh well... I think I have the cranes upside down in the photo.

I had almost forgotten what I had ordered. One fabric has been placed on backorder, and here are 2 Dogwood fabrics that I love, and 2 bright ones for the stash. Orange and yellow in the same piece, which is pretty "out there" for me.


I have also started the hexagons. I started basting some last night while I was watching TV (Boston Legal), then thought I would sew two together.

Now, I don't know if it was Alan Shaw making my eyes go googly, but I was having a bit of trouble seeing where to sew. I have perfect eyesight, or should I say 'had'? I am 42 now, so I am wondering if the old eyes are starting to go to the dogs...
Anyway, I went to the Craft Group this morning and managed to only get these few done. They are quite big ones - 1 1/2 inches along each straight side - and I think maybe I am making too many stitches on each one. I will try making less and see if this speeds things up. There was loud talking and general frivolity this morning, which does seem to make it harder to concentrate, not to mention that my brain doesn't go into gear til after midday! Why can't these things be in the afternoon, I ask you?

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful fabric you have got.
    And your hexagons are lovely. I have a lot of hexagons in one of my boxes. It has been my summerwork for several years. When I am going to make something of them...... Ihave no idea. It is fun to make hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hexagons -- and I think they are such fun to make. Very addictive.
    I thought my eyesight was just perfect. Then, at 43, I realized I was reading the newspaper with one eye closed. I went right away for glasses. So much better now. I even have a pair with extra strength for threading needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hexagons - looking forward to starting some myself. Great fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your second package, and then you will have twice the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the repros in your hexagons, I'm always a sucker for a repro collection. I see some Sturbridge II's in there. Hexagons are just lovely, will you make a huge top with them, or applique them onto a block?
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.