Monday, October 16, 2006

Waaaay Too Far Ahead of Myself

I wish I could actually do some sewing. I think about quilts & fabric ALL the time, but do I sew? Not much. Here is my next idea - I thought I would use the scraps from the Aqua and Lime quilt to make something for my niece Alex (she is 12). I thought I would do a string pieced block on the diagonal with the black and white in the centres. It is one of those prints that makes your eyes go funny. Then I could sash it with a different black and white or something...

Q. Now can anyone see the problem here?

A. Yes, correct. I have yet to make the other quilt so as to generate scraps to make this quilt.

I really must crack on with something. I think the thought of the 500 or so 3 inch blocks required for the 4 patch has taken the wind out of my sails for the moment. Well, that's my excuse anyway. My other current excuse is that the Craft Fair is on this week, and what if I start something now, then see a better idea on Wednesday, and get all cranky that I've already started?

It happens...

The other good news is that I am planning to meet up with Heavens to Bettsy for a coffee while I am there. She has emailed me and is going on the same day, so that should be fun. Now I don't actually know H to B, but she knows my sister Helen, so it is a small world. I'm sure we will be face to face friends as well as blogger friends. We can encourage each other to max out our credit cards!

12 comments:

  1. Thank your for your comments on my blog!
    I know only too well, that "I know what I will do next" but cant bloody get started feeling!!
    I am having "sewer's block" at present...no NOT sewer, but sew- er!! haha.

    I have some fabric that I can see as brilliant for something... what??? Strangely enough, it is black & white- but not the dazzley kind!

    You know, I think I am having too much fun on blogger right now, to bother sewing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way to funny...yes maybe you should generate the scraps first....to..to funny...I love the idea of the scrap quilt with a plain sashing..this way it will let the eye rest between all those colorful fabrics.it will be very nice....now get sewing so we can see these quilts you are dreaming up...lol....Have a great week..Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. an all too-familiar feeling for sure. Have fun at the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get overwhelmed when confronted with large numbers of pieces to cut or piece. Try not to think about how many -- just dive in. You'll have them done before you know it.

    Have fun at the fair -- no telling what fun things you see and buy *s*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have had a bad case of quilters blokc. The worst was after my mom passed away. I surfed the web, read books for insperation. The best help was blogging and talking to other quilters.

    Good luck you will be back and sewing soon.

    I love the bright colors of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have had a bad case of quilters blokc. The worst was after my mom passed away. I surfed the web, read books for insperation. The best help was blogging and talking to other quilters.

    Good luck you will be back and sewing soon.

    I love the bright colors of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking over the Craft fair website. Can I come???

    Great website. Looks like there will be some beautiful Japanese quilts to get inspired by -- and lots and lots of merchants!! Happy shopping for sure.

    Are you taking and workshops?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenni, how about if you just cut enough fabric for about 30 of those blocks at a time? Then you can have that "milestone" feeling over and over again, instead of just seeing the endless line in front of you...

    Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I promise that I won't lead you too much astray - not much anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try not thinking about the total number of squares you need, but break it down into little steps and then just look at one step at a time. Baby steps!! Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How hard it is sometimes to settle on just one thing.

    I try to stay focused on the project at hand but sometimes these ideas just arrive in my mind and I spend time planning them instead of actually finishing the project I am working on.


    Just start sewing and the block usually passes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you're posting from my mind ... I too need to make some quilts to generate scraps ... no time, I'm too busy planning all the quilts I'll make 'someday'...
    God bless, Christine in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.