Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh Happy Happy Day

There's an awful lot of blog posting going on in Fairybread Land lately, and the sad thing is that one day I'll just disappear again. But then with winter not too far away hopefully I'll stay true.


Today is a Happy Day. The postman came bearing fabric from the US (in a blo*dy big box). Normally I get one or two envelopes, but this time a box. The order was dispatched from Whittle's Fabric last Saturday, and here it is on the Monday 9 days after. Pretty good service. Whittle's say on their shipping page that they don't ship to Australia, but they do. They bent under some pretty heavy blogger pressure apparently.

I usually buy 1800s Repro fabric, but this time I bought some modern and/or bright fabric. I've been reading my Material Obsession books bought el-cheapo from the Book Depository in the UK. I'm quite inspired. *Aussie and Kiwi alert* all the books are heaps cheaper than in Australia, plus postage is always free. Compare the prices - you can easily pay double here. It's very fast, less than 10 days, and you can have all the prices displayed in A$ on the site if you like. HIGHLY recommended.


Anyway, back to the fabric. Bought some dots, stripes and stuff from modern designers, but I think the floral is my favourite. I bought 4 yards so I can use it as a border or something. Better than Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. Yippee! Christmas in February! Love all your bright pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole box of fabric! Now that's a bunch of happiness delivered right to your doorstep *s*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics Jenni...I thought they didn't ship overseas either..must go and have another look.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWOON!
    deep breath: Lovely fabrics !
    wow
    :)
    your hexi-sister,
    Valentina from Cyprus
    ( who is just now learning to be a "Follower"!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you still on the floor rolling around in your pile of beautiful fabrics? Lovely blog! Thought I'd pop by and say hello. Please give your sweet Simon a kiss from me.
    The Sideroad Stitcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you got a parcel from Whittles! I'd never heard of them before until recently, and next month I'll be visiting them in person. I can't wait. Love your purchases.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenni...This is Diane from O'Quilts....you left a lovely message on my blog oooo about a month ago. Just want to say thanks and say that I only buy fabric that I love..sometimes 4 yards and sometimes one or two. If I am poor, I settle on one and a quarter to fool myself. I can see that you love fabric just like I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just found your blog. Thanks for the tip about the Book Shop. I am in NSW and will check it out. PS Love your blog name...

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shopping...and as a person who built their whole house and yard around a river red gum, I am with you on the tree removal!
    The postage stamp quilt looks very professional! tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.