Saturday, February 06, 2010

I've finished the quilting in the light hexagons, and am arguing with myself about doing the red ones. I could probably get away with not doing them, but that's no attitude, is it? I'll think about it.


Meanwhile I looked out the bathroom window this morning to see this tree branch down, just missing my fence and the banana tree. Close call. It would be nice not to have a fence while all this empty space is around me, but with beagles there is no option. It's quite a big gum tree, and I've been told that they can be called "widow makers", as the branch soaks up water from the rain, then gets heavy and falls on your head without warning. There has been plenty of rain over the last few days but not much wind, so I'd say that's what must have happened.


I love having the big trees around, but when you see this you have to admit that the whole tree could fall over and land on the roof...

5 comments:

  1. Jenni, I love how your Hexies are looking quilted!
    If it was me I wouldn't quilt the red ones, since I love the effect you have now.
    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pull out some red thread and quilt those red ones too. This is a lovely hexagon quilt. Just a few more stitches...easy for me to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i noticed that you had visited me today, thanks for calling and welcome. liz from broderie

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I vote for quilting the reds? They just look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni~
    Your quilt is beautiful! Yes you must quilt the red ones!! You will love it in the end~ trust me!!lol!!(out here in blogland!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.