Monday, February 15, 2010

O M G it's H O T. It's weather for sitting still, as any movement causes sweat to roll down your face and drip off your chin. It's a day for lying on the deck in the shade, but only with about 10 layers of mossie repellent on, as the mosquitos are vicious after the recent rain. Even the heat off the laptop feels worse today.

I've been doing some hexagons as the thought of sitting in front of the machine isn't attractive. It feels sinful to be making these huge hexagons as they grow so quickly, but if it means I might finish it this year rather than next then it's a good thing.

I've been trying to use big prints for the plain hexagons and have re-discovered this piece of fabric. I know it's been there, but I've only really started to appreciate it since I've been working on this project. It doesn't have any writing on the selvage as it isn't a very big piece, but I've got a feeling it could be a Sharon Yenter print. I might try and have a look for it, but I'm sure it's out of print now. I'm trying to use green and pink as the primary colours for this quilt. The colours in the photos look a bit washed out due to the strong sunlight. Chloe is sitting in the sun in one of the photos, but I can assure you she didn't last long!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jenni! Weirdly enough, I have some of this fabric with a selvedge. It is Sharon Yenter, In The Beginning, from the Blended Collection 2003. I have a 2-yard piece - would you be interested in it? It's just languishing here, and would love to have a home that appreciated it! :-) I live near Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni, I just love this quilt! Are you going to make yours into a wall hanging? I think it is a project for my "to do list", just need to find some suitable material to fussy cut!
    Bye for now - Regards Nat, Valley Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful piece of fabric and how lucky are you that BetsyE has some in her collection that she does not want!!!!!! oh, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those big hexagons are amazing. Very interesting project you have going. I love it! And that fabric you dug out as well. Great for fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this project, it's on my list but I'd have to look for some great larger prints. The one you have is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.