Friday, February 05, 2010

It's raining today, in fact the rain on the roof woke me up this morning. The good news is that the tanks will be full, but the bad news is that the house will be smelling like a wet dog before long. Chloe wants to be outside, but she doesn't like to get wet. I sent her out to do what dogs need to do outside, and watched her spring over a patch of wet grass to land on a different patch of wet grass. Whatever. I try to take photos of the rain, but it doesn't really work. Beyond the trees you can usually see the water of the bay, and Nth Stradbroke Island, but not today. Can you see the water pouring down the road?

Anyway, it isn't good for taking photos today. I'm slowly coming along with Mum's Christmas Present (Last Minute Lucy). I have ironed on the Pellon, which I think might also be called Vliesofix, to the backing fabric and basted. Then I tried to do some handquilting with pitiful results. Needless to say I'm booked into a handquilting class (hoop free) later in the month. I tried to do it with the machine and it isn't too bad. I'll finish it this way.

I took this photo this morning to email to my friend Di as she gave me this plant and can't believe that it's still alive. Well it is, and it's flowering! After I took the photo I noticed the "No Gimmicks, Just Cheap Cars" in the foreground. Need to look at the whole photo, not just the thing I'm photographing. So I took it again, then noticed all the other cr*p on the table. Really I need to have a cleanup today.

Way in the background is the sailing pile - ie 2 sails plus the boom, 2 PFDs, a towel, water bottle etc.

Behind the plant you will notice the life of a beagle owner. Absolutely everything must be up on the table or bench, not too close to the edge and with all the chairs left in at all times. The star blocks I've been cutting out while watching the cricket, Mum's hexagons, and all the scrap bins and assorted other fabrics because I have started more hexagons.

The problems of an open plan house - there isn't any hiding of the mess. Luckily I live in the sort of place where you don't get many people just 'dropping in'. It's such a pain to get here that people ring first to arrange a visit, but I like it. I like having a bit of space around me, I like living alone and I like a bit of isolation.

1 comment:

  1. Love your hexagon project . . . I'm keeping hope alive that one day I'll finally get to quilt on mine. Gosh they take such a long time to piece *s*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.