Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Sniff of Approval

Man, I'm on Fire! Well not literally. That's a football saying we have here - I wonder if it is everywhere? What I mean to say is that I've achieved a lot (for me) over the last 2 days. Not only have I changed my cutter blade (grin), but I have finished the Flimsy of the Girl Guide quilt, minus borders.

And it has received the official Sniff of Approval from Simon. He is probably really just freezing, as I have the temperature set so cold in the sewing room that it is almost Antarctic.

As for the borders I will have to buy more fabric tomorrow. I thought the solid mauve for the outer border, and ? for the inner. Depends on what they've got I suppose. I used all sorts of fabric, and am pleased that I am getting a bit more adventurous with my choices. I tend to 'hang on too tight', but this quilt has a Japanese fabric, 2 different stripes, 2 solid colours, a spot, a squiggle, cat paws, retro floral and more. Oh and I put the pink with bikinis in too.

Plus I didn't obsess about what goes next to what. I just made an effort to put the 2 darkest fabrics next to a light and went for it. Very liberating, and it turned out fine (IMHO).

As for credits, this is Bonnie's Bricks and Stepping Stones from Quiltville, which as many of you know I also made recently in brights for my nephew.

23 comments:

  1. I love it. I know two little girls who would happily give it a home. How do I buy tickets? Serious!

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You quilt is beautiful. I love scrappy done without too much planning. The more colors the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good and look familiar. I can't wait to get mine back from getting quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, the quilt is wonderful -- I know some girl will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On fire, Simon's offical sniff of approval, great fabrics and a great Quilt. This sounds like the recipe I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty quilt! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got my snif approval, too ! (I've got a cold) LOL
    Beautiful ! I love the sweet pink and green, among theother strong colors, it just gives the good balance....

    Smiles !
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dianne said
    Two great quilts from a fabulous pattern from Bonnie. Thanks for some more inspiration but mine will have to wait until I clear my current backlog of quilts and quilting.

    I often check in on your blog Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors you chose for this quilt. It looks bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours Jenni, and the block design looks like a nice quick layout. Very cute quilt inspector you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bricks and stones quilt looks great and I agree with Simon's (he's so cute) snff of approval. I have one started, too, and I'm stalled on what to use for a border. I'm anxious to see what you do with the border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That a really sweet quilt. Glad it passed the test of approval. Good luck with finding the border. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's adorable. Really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simon is adorable and so is ur quilt....having the freedom to just piece whatever colour/fabric makes quilting fun and this one has turned out beautifully....great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it's just beautiful - you did such a great job!!!

    The fabrics look great together - you have a great eye.

    LOL at your old rotary blade! It's a wonder you were able to cut through anything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made one of these too from Bonnies insructions and it was one of the simplest patterns I've ever made. No agonising at all amd went together like a dream. I love the colours in yours, very fresh and sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That block design is terrific in these colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You certainly have been on fire!! Love what you've been up to! It's hard for me not to plan, but when I get over it, I'm always pleased. Sorry I've been MIA for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks great, and your dog is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous hon! I seriously love the colours, and I know I'm going to have to add the quilt to my list of things to make.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That quilt is just great. Love it, with all the bright and wonderful fabrics. And I guess as long as Simon approves what does it matter what the rest of us think:))

    ReplyDelete
  22. this looks great!
    Did I send you the info on different quilting groups on the internet? If I didn't please let me know on my blog...I know i did it recently, but I can't be 100% sure it was for you?
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE THIS QUILT! Another beautiful colourway of Bonnie's great pattern. Simon looks like a very lovely quilt inspector :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.