Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NEWS FLASH! Blogger uploads 3 photos!


Shock Horror! Blogger plays nice today. Here are my HSTs that I made last week from the Triangles on a Roll. I have used Thangles before which I like, but this method was good for making a big heap of triangles from the same fabric. From this piece of triangle paper I made this many HSTs. They are 1 1/2" finished. See them all sewn together on the wall - that's about 3 yards of border. In the Collaborative Quilting Style I was very casual with the seams etc, and they didn't turn out too bad.


This many triangles came from 2 pieces of fabric, each 22 x 10" - that's the size of a fat eighth isn't it? There are all these arrows on the paper telling you which way to sew, but of course I didn't bother with that. I think next time I will bother, as they seem to be there for a reason (grin)!

See also the bright coloured blocks and strips I found when sorting my bright fabrics recently. I remember making them now. I bought a pattern (only one in my life) to make the star blocks - it was one of those ones where you stack up all the squares of fabric then cut the pieces using a paper pattern on top, then shuffle the pieces and sew them all back together. I only got these ones done, as I found it surprisingly difficult to get them all back together accurately. The pieces for the other blocks are floating around the place and pop up all the time.

Then I remember thinking that I would do some strip piecing with the left overs and make a quilt out of the parts, but obviously didn't ever get around to finishing it. So it is up on the wall, and I plan to use them all, along with some extra parts to make something.

7 comments:

  1. I feel better about myself now that I hear you have trouble with the shuffling technique. I often hear how fun and easy it is - not for me *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors - must have been a Buggy Barn pattern, right? It will make a marvelous original creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Blogger!

    You are a rebel....me I would not use the arrow either. We do learn.

    I want to use brights and make the Buggy Barn Pattern, It is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird they didn't load for me to see blogger is such a stinker at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now they did like i said blogger is a stinker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love all those bits! The eye doctor fabric is really cool! Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen that Thangles stuff but never tried it. All those lines looked a little too daunting for me.

    I think adding those black and white triangles to all the various colour blocks and bit will look quite good. "Carry on" Do you get Project Runway down there?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.