Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Kids have Germs

So much for my days off spent in the sewing room - so far I have spent them in bed with some vicious stomach bug, no doubt picked up from one of the vomiting children at work on Sunday night. Little wretch. My hands are nearly raw from washing them, but that doesn't seem to help. They have their dirty little mits all over everything...

Sorry to those that have kids, but I've been really crook the last 24 hrs. It isn't too easy to get to a doctor from here, plus I tend to just ride it out. But at 8.30 this morning I got the most excruciating pain in my chest and and stomach that I broke out into a cold sweat, and nearly passed out! But anyway, it went away totally after about an hour, and apart from a temperature, I'm fine now. Made me think about hiding a key somewhere, because if they had to come and cart me off to hospital they wouldn't have been able to get in.

But I'm good now. Thanks for the tip on the .jpg resizer Ms Jan - hopefully my little Fairybread photo is there for all to see. As for you Tracey, I'm SHOCKED that you would make fairybread in such a haphazard way. Pizza cutter? Have you no respect? Jodie isn't quite so bad, but still...
The FBPolice will be on their way if you're not careful.

No photos I'm afraid - if I'm well I will be going to the local Craft Group Christmas lunch tomorrow - it can't be Christmas yet, surely?

4 comments:

  1. Local Craft Group Christmas Lunch?? GC Quilters Guild Christmas Lunch, or just a coincidence, two GTG on the same day? If you are going to guild I will be there, we can put a face to the name. I guess it will be pretty easy to spot a piece of fairybread walking around!! Lol, hope you are feeling better soon, my littlies are a bit under the weather, just praying they are well enough for daycare, so I DO get out tomorrow! As for my fairybread technique, don't knock it till you try it!!!

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Alexandra had to be picked up from school last week - she nearly passed out in lessons. Luckily she hasn't passed that particular bug onto her Mum!

    Enjoy the lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. Having been a teacher for years I know how easy it is to get all the bugs going around. Seems everyone is having their Christmas 'do' this week _ I know of a few of them ( mine is Friday) However the idea is, I think, to get them over before all the rush - the problem is that I don't have any other rush, and December is looking bare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that you were sick today! That really bites when you wanted to be sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.