Denim Quilt (UFO)

Having just read about Shelina's denim quilt, I thought it would be timely to start offering up my UFOs.
This quilt was started about 3 years ago, and was intended as a gift for someone. Yes there is a story there, but maybe I'll tell it when I finish it. It is nearly done, just have to add the top and bottom borders, then bind.
It is made out of old jeans and my sister Helen's denim maternity skirt which she willingly offered at the quilting alter, as she was sick to death of it, some bought flannelette and some flannelette shirts. I made it after a class in Quilt as You Go, and made each block individually. It is quite heavy, and the back has different blue, red and plaid squares. I used mustard thread for quilting.
I quite like it and would like to finish it, but I have the guilts about what to do with it when it's finished, so if I don't finish it, I don't have to worry, right?


This is a great quilt. Very intricate for denim. The way I figure it, if you are going to feel guilty for not finishing it, and guilty for finishing and not knowing what to do with it, you might as well finish it. That way when you decide what to do with it, it will be ready.
ReplyDeleteFinish it - then worry about what to do with it. If you really like it then keep it for yourself. You can always get something else for a gift. Unless the fabric has meaning for the person you were going to give it to - then I guess you have a quandry on your hands.
ReplyDeleteThanks for pointing me to your denim quilt worked up in the quilt-as-you-go method. I love it! I've been saving jeans for such a project as this so now I know it can be done even though it is heavy and the seam may be thick but once you're done, you're done. Love the pocket! Did you ever finish it? I'll have to read on to find out. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDelete