Crook as Rookwood

Yes, I'm crook as. I realise now that I started this blog in a feverish state on Day 1 of the Nasty Bug. Was this a good idea? Well time will tell I expect.
As noone much will be reading it but me for a while, I'll just see how it goes.
As I am feeling terrible, and there is a bulldozer digging a trench next door keeping me awake, I will not write much.
I have only been quilting for nearly 4 years, and in that time have developed a great love of fabric and fabric designs. I admit to being more into the fabric than sewing the quilts at times, and my tastes in fabric have changed and expanded incredibly in this time.
Once upon a time... 1930s prints? No way! Now I love them. Florals? Cack. I'm quite into them now, too. I luurve 1800s reproductions and really enjoy reading about the history of fabric and quilts.
This is my first quilt made during a set of classes at a Patchwork shop. An Irish Chain in the obligatory closeline shot, complete with extra arm and the dogs! In the beginning my taste was for lots of dark and gloomy fabrics - I think that is why I love the 1800s reproductions so much.
Since then I have made other quilts in brighter colours. I'll put them up another day. Back to bed I think.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.