Can't Think of a Title
There were quite a few horrified remarks after my last post, with some people thinking I took no photos of the Doll Quilt I made for the swap. I did, as you can see, but I forgot to take one once the binding was sewn down. This one is of it all finished, except the hand sewing on the binding, which is sitting toward the front. If you wanted to look at other progress photos, I have my Labels visible on my blog, so you could click there.
I haven't been doing much sewing this week as I'm in a bit of a general slump. I don't even feel much like reading blogs. I have done a little bit on the hexagons, but it is too bulky now to do in front of the TV- I really need to sit at the table to do it.
I'm in 'intimidation mode' about sewing up the jumper I have finally finished for Daniel. I have read the mattress stitch instructions and had some advice, but....
As for UFOs I have been doing a bit of work on this flowery number. It has been a real struggle to sew something that you don't really like. I have also figured out that one of the fabrics smells funny, which makes me feel yuk.
I have been at a bit of loss what to do with it, but today I have finally decided to make this section 40 inches wide, then put some sort of border around it of the same strips, so they will be going in the opposite direction. I would like to put a plain strip before the border, but I am struggling to find something that will match. I do have a pale mottly cream that might do, but I'm not sure if I have enough fabric.
I just want to finish it to Flimsy stage, then pass it on. I was reading the HeartStrings blog, and they might take it. We have a coordinator in Austalia, so that would save going through the Terrorist Interrogation at the Post Office.
The winter days are so lovely here at the moment, that I have been spending more time outside. I am about to buy another rainwater tank which will go under the house in a 'system' with the other one - this is to save on plumbing and digging. I have checked out the downpipes, and I can't see why I shouldn't be able to divert some of them into the new tank myself. "Have hacksaw..." In preparation for its arrival I have been cleaning up under the house. When the builders left, they chucked everything left over under there, and I have gradually been supplementing the firewood with the offcuts. I have now reached a point where anything useable has been used, so a general sorting out was required. I did 2 trips to the Tip, and came home with more stuff! Only plants though, so that's ok. I took some cuttings and brought home some nice green banana leaves for the compost.
Now I just need to dig a bit of a level spot, then get them to send some crusher dust with the tank to sit it on. I have also been gardening and moving some plants to new spots. I had a salad of Cos lettuce, rocket and herbs from my vege patch last night, so it makes it all worthwhile.


You are a lucky recipient but your swapper was very fortunate as well, they are both gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYou have some beautiful facbics in your UFO, keep chugging away.
And good luck with the slump, it goes in fits and starts, Tracey
Your doll quilt is beautiful. I understand the slump. I have not sewn much lately either, not due to a slump, but just life getting in the way!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is gorgeous, I think she posted the finished quilt on Flickr if you haven't seen it...don't know why she didn't brag about it on her blog though!! She should have, it is great!
ReplyDeleteI like your floraly quilt, but I can understand how tastes can change over time...donating sounds like a great idea.
Good on you for recycling and reusing in your garden. I love doing it where ever possible, hence my inability to throw away scraps and my love of scrap quilting!
A salad from your own garden for dinner *s* Reminds me that I hope to put in some lettuce for winter here. Your doll quilt is great - your partner can be nothing but pleased.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been very busy, no wonder you have not had time to sew! Doesn't sound much like slump as no time! :O)...Hope your water tank hooks up nice and easy to you...
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the Heartstrings coordinator would be happy to take the floral stripey. It will make a great donation quilt :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful----pyramids of giza--a good title
ReplyDeleteYou have been very busy! Good for you, getting out in the garden & under the house etc. Your Doll quilt is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe weather here has been just perfect the last 3 days, just lovely & mild.
Oh, wow, that doll quilt is absolutely stunning!!! Just love it.
ReplyDeleteI love your doll quilt. Both you and your swap partner were lucky.
ReplyDeleteWell you're certainly keeping yourself busy during your 'slump' Jenni - go go with the hacksaw!!
ReplyDeleteYour doll quilt is gorgeous by the way. Just lovely.
Love the doll quilt. It's great.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a mountain quilt. something mountains. magestic? marvelous? hmm. not sure. love your blog btw ;)
ReplyDelete