Ooh Ooh Lucky Me!
My Doll Quilt arrived today! It is gorgeous! Sorry about the excessive use of the exclamation mark, but nothing else does the trick!
I am Ms Jan's ...recipient..., and how lucky am I? It looks much better in real life than my photo, as it is a bit of a gloomy day here today. Jan has hand quilted it and washed it, and it is all crinkly and beautiful. Lucky me!
Here is the label - I put a piece of paper over Jan's last name as I wasn't sure if she would want her name on the internet.
I love 1930s prints, and have a whole stash of them but have never really made anything out of them. The Zig Zag quilt that I am planning to make when I have made a little dent in the UFOs will be the first major project.
I have had an email from my Doll Quilt recipient Jennifer, but I don't think she has had a chance to put it on her blog. I'm counting on her to take and send me a photo as I didn't take one before I sent it.
I've really enjoyed the Doll Quilt Swap - nothing like a deadline to get you moving, and because it was a small project, it was do-able. I'll be signing up again.



What a lovely surprise to receive in the mail. Jan is just lovely, and so is her work.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)
Oh that is too cute! That's what I'd call a "good mail day".
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable doll quilt. Great use of the 30's fabrics. You are a lucky girl. Can't wait to see a pic of the one you sent. I have the doll quilt swap blog on my feeds so when the next one comes up I can get in on it.
ReplyDeleteYep - it IS scrumptious!!!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic - it looks so vintage. That just washed, crinkly look makes all the difference *s*
ReplyDeleteLucky you. What a pretty quilt.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very glad you like it and I'm amazed at how fast it arrived! I had a wonderful time making this quilt for you and, like you, would do the doll quilt swap again in a heartbeat.
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky. that is a gorgeous Doll quilt.
ReplyDeleteWhat a super little quilt - great label too :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes lucky you indeed Jenni!
ReplyDeleteLove your doll quilt! Can't wait to see the one you sent.
ReplyDeleteThat's a precious doll quilt. I want to see yours! You really didn't take a picture of it?
ReplyDeleteIt is so pretty:), I love the prints too:)!
ReplyDeleteIt's adorable!
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely surprise to receive.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love swaps?
Isn't that just the cutest?
ReplyDeleteAnnie
what a beautiful pinwheel quilt. love the pattern and the colors
ReplyDeleteThis little quilt is gorgeous. I'm not usually one for 1930's fabrics, but this is perfect. I love the crinklyness of it - makes it look antique. Sounds like the swap was a total success.
ReplyDeleteThat really is such a lovely little quilt. I love the pinwheels. You are very lucky :))
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt and it is definitely something to be treasured. Can't wait to see yours. Will be interested to see what you do with the 1930s fabric.
ReplyDeletegreat quilt, lovely label. I like the one you made too.
ReplyDelete