Monday, June 25, 2007

Doll Quilts & Dog Coats

I have nearly finished the first doll quilt I have been making, and have made some progress on the Swap quilt. I haven't felt much like sewing the last few days, which is funny as I've been on a real roll lately. I did some more knitting last night on a jumper (pullover) I started for my nephew when I needed something portable to do, but I'm making a real dog's breakfast of it. I can't seem to concentrate on the row counting for increasing and decreasing. I finished a sleeve last night, and it was rather perplexing as when I had finished increasing up the sleeve it said to keep knitting until work measures 38cm. Well it was already 41 cm. So then I had to start decreasing straight away. I don't know - I'll keep going for now, but if it is terrible I won't give it to him.


Simon has really been feeling the cold, so I bought him a cheap jumper at the discount store, which of course was too small for him. He wore it though, and despite not being able to look at the camera for a photo, he seemed to appreciate the warmth. So I made him a rough coat out of flannelette that I had in the stash, and he seems to like it. He has been giving me a bit of extra love and tail wags.









It has been raining here today and is very overcast, but at least the cloud is keeping the temperature up a bit. My tank is full, so I have the hose on one of the trees out the front. I'm sitting here trying to remind myself to go and turn it off, and not empty the tank, which is easy to do if you forget. I woke up in the middle of the night once remembering that I hadn't turned the hose off, but it was too late then.

I just feel like getting into bed with a book and turning the light on, but that is a dangerous plan.

7 comments:

  1. How CUTE I wish I were your partner LOL. Your dog coat turned out great :) xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that doll quilt!
    Your dog looks very cosy too.
    It is so cold & wet here, I am shivering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doll quilt is just plain sweet - someone is sure going to be lucky . . . almost as lucky as Tank with a new outfit and a cushion, too *s*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doggy looks very cute in his new outfit...

    Nothing wrong with a day of reading! I find it makes for a wonderful day or mmmm week???? LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be having a challenge with your knitting, but your doll quilt is simply marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doll quilt is great. I love the fabrics. I wish I had signed up.
    Puppy looks very cute and cuddly in his new outfit. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi jenny, what a neat doll quilt you have made! And even a purchases coat is better than no coat, I say!
    Distraction seems to come easier than concentration..doesn't seem fair! Big hugs for a chilly day, Finn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.