Thursday, December 31, 2009

Finishing Hexagon Edges

Of course I didn't get the sewing finished in time, but Laura had so many presents I don't think she cared, and Mum understood. I've been thinking about how to finish off the hexagons. I've tried to add a few half hexagons to straighten the sides, but I don't like it.

I put the call out on the Hexagon blog of which I am a very bad member, and was directed to this video by Valentina who doesn't seem to have a blog but is part of the Sister Hexagon blog. It shows you how to put a facing on the back so that you can keep the points. I'll take the pink ones out and give this a go. Thanks Valentina.

3 comments:

  1. Love your hexagons! I will have to check out the hexie tutorial..thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it would look better with the pink ones taken out.

    Happy New Year Jenni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni, found you from JulieQ, she found me. Love the hexagon tutorial, I am going to bookmark it for later. I am NICU nurse at Johns Hopkins and a quilter. Glad to meet more quilting nurses. This is a great idea! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.