Work Takes Up All My Spare Time
Yes, it's true. After my longer than expected break 2007 - 2008, I've been back at work about 6 or 8 months. Due to the extended period on minimal pay, I've been right back into it to get the finances back under control. Consequently, work has been taking up all my spare time. I work night shift, so after a week of work, which can be up to 6 shifts in a row, I spend my days off sleeping or watching the grass grow or the dog hair pile up on the floorboards. Boring. Hence no sewing as I just can't be bothered.
I'm still 'thinking' quilting and fabric, I'm still reading quilting magazines, and I'm still starting new UFOs every now and then, but that's about it I'm afraid.
I will try and improve. How many times have I said that? The latest UFO underway is this old quilt I saw in the BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting (December 2008). It looks great and I love to see the pink and green mixed with cheddar and blue, all bunged in together.
So I made 2 blocks, and that's as far as I have gone. I would like to go on with it, so I hope I get my act together. I've been trying to read some blogs and as usual so many quilters are making lots of quilts. Another excuse of mine is that it's hot and humid here, which puts me off, but then I'm knitting a cowl for a friend in London, so what does that say about that theory? Shot down in flames.
I hope to try and keep on with some sewing and get back to blogging, as it really does motivate me to sew more.


Hi Jenni
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to see (read) you again. I know what you mean about work - after a row of shifts you just need to veg out for a while!
I hope to see you again soon :)))
Welcome back to blogland! I love the way your latest UFO is looking, and can't wait to see more of it. How big are those blocks?
ReplyDeleteI saved a photo of a quilt like that on ebay, but it was done in pinks and browns, yummy. It's in my 'one day' file, but at least the piecing will be straight forward.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you post again, and don't worry if it's not quilty, we just like hearing from you. Show us the cowl too.....
Great to hear from you Jenni - I have been wondering how you were. I love the blocks you're working on - they look super.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)
Oh, I know how work gets in the way. After doing nothing craft wise for the school holidays now I have to face going back to work and still getting no craft time. It is good to see you still around - let's hope that the heat goes away and we get to do something more inspiring. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteSweltering down here on the Coast, I sympathise with the non quilting spell. Gosh I can't wait for Winter!!
ReplyDeleteAre they one inch squares? I love the effect, and I have a whole bunch of strips I need to use up.
ReplyDeleteHope life allows you some spare energy to blog; it's so nice to hear from you.
Great to see you posting again! Glad things are getting back on track. Love those big checkerboard squares!
ReplyDeleteI hope to see you again soon :)))
ReplyDeletequilting forum
Very nice to see you back. Love those blocks..
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back again. Did you make it to Paris in the end?
ReplyDeleteYeah - you're back *s* I just love that quilt you are working on . . . . spent some time drooling on that page myself.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back Jenni, one inch to start of with again you are a maverick
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. Can't wait for the next entry.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenni,
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see the cowl, too. Your latest UFO looks wonderful. I know what it's like to not be motivated to sew due to the heat and long work hours. Good to see you posting again.
Love Love those two blocks you have done!!! stay with it... will be wonderful!!!
ReplyDelete