Quilting Geocoins
some interest to quilters too.
They are enamel coins that have some writing on the back with the block, the GPS coords of the
They are enamel coins that have some writing on the back with the block, the GPS coords of the
barn with the block painted on it I believe. I'll try and add the photo of the back of a coin to the page here. I have bought a few of these coins for my budding geocoin collection, and they are very lovely.
The producers of these coins, Tank and Tracey from www.tntgeocoins.com are going through some hard times at the moment. Tank has had a stroke and Tracey is nursing him at home.Another geocoin company www.socalgeocoins.com are selling a geocoin as a fundraiser for Tank
- as a nurse I can imagine the difficulties Tracey will be experiencing. I've just bought one of the
coins, and I hope they raise some money.
Otherwise, not much quilting news from me. The hexagon quilt is coming along, but I don't have it with me to take a photo. I'll be going back to Mum's for a few more days this week, so I've left it there.
Hopefully I'll be back to my "regular programming" soon, and I'll also be able to get back around my regular blog reads. I'm quite out of touch with what's happening all around the world. I had a quick look at Holly's blog, and I see that spring is springing over there in the States.




Oh boy - spring is bustin' out all over around here *s* I'm looking forward to seeing your hexagons at the next photo op. Don't rush to get back to your regular schedule - plenty of time for that - better to feel 100% first *s*
ReplyDeleteOooooh those are some awesome looking geocoins. A great addition to your collection. I'm so excited spring is here. Can't wait to bring up my numbers a little.
ReplyDeleteI like these Geocoins...just my style!
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome geo coins. I haven't seen any like that here. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how quilt designs filter in to everything around us, even geocoins. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteHi Tracy, just popping in to say "hi" and see how things are in your corner of the world.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Tank...never an easy piece.
I think the coins are neat..and what a good idea *VBS* Lots of geocachers out there. A neat collectible. Hugs, Finn
This is the first I've heard of geocoins. Are they all fundraisers?
ReplyDelete