Funny Christmas Story
I just read the funniest Christmas story on Kim's blog. I know some of you have already read it, but I couldn't help myself - it's priceless! Scroll down to the pink lady shown in the post ...
I can't seem to find the Christmas spirit here. It's hard when it's so hot and humid, and I will be going to my Sister's house for Christmas so there doesn't seem any point in decorating the house. Some of the neighbours have their Christmas lights up, so I may put my fairy lights on the deck railing, but that will be it I'm afraid.

As for the 4Patch, I've decided to "pull myself together" ( a bit of a family joke) and crack on with it. I have resurrected the disaster from the other day, and made it into a corner that is 90 deg from the original corner, and I will adjust the lengths of the rows I have already sewn together. It isn't much of a photo, but this is the bit I saved. There is one block in there around the wrong way, but I have decided that it can be my 'humility' block, as God knows I could never make something perfect even if I tried! It's not going to beat me.
Otherwise, not much to report. We had a big storm at 2.30am this morning which woke me up with the thunder and lightning, and the torrential downpour. The tanks will all be full, and we will have another humid day today. I had to get up and run around closing all the windows, as it wasn't expected. The sky was clear when I went to bed. I've been for my morning walk with Simon - Chloe had a relapse this morning and wouldn't come - so back to square one. When I got home she let me put the lead on her, but it didn't seem right to reward her for that.
So the rest of the morning will be devoted to the 4patch, so hopefully I will make some significant progress. I'll have to make the rest of the quilt top then join it to this piece.


Good luck with the rest of the 4-patch! I hope Chloe comes to her senses again soon.
ReplyDeleteGive yourself a bit a Christmas cheer and put the lights up! Good luck with the 4 patch and hope that Chloe soon gets her act together again.
ReplyDeleteHi! Not much Christmas spirit in Oslo either, but Kim's story really gave me a good start of the day!! Good luck with the rest of the 4-patch. Regards to poor Chloe!
ReplyDeleteLise
I think it's looking lovely, Jenni.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first year I've had Christmas spirit in what seems like ages. Don't know why or what's different. Maybe because I got to pick out the tree!
Good on you not giving up Jenni ! I'm sure it will be worth all the effort.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pinks in your nine patch. I too have had some pretty humiliating turnouts in my quilting later, and have been frog stitching. YOur quilt will be so lovely when it is done!
ReplyDeleteJulieQ
Stick to it, even though a mistake like this really takes the shine off your enthusiasm. You'll love it when it's finished,I promise.
ReplyDeleteChloe's probably just having a bad day; she didn't learn her bad habits in a couple of weeks, and it will take a while to develop the good behaviour too.