Do You Believe It?
Laura's Christmas quilt is finally finished - better (6 months) late then never, right? The weather is cooling down so at least she'll be able to put in on the bed straight away and get under it.

I used a different batting this time that's cotton but thicker than I usually use, so it will be nice and warm. It also makes the quilting a bit more obvious. It was a bit hard to get a decent photo as of course it clouded over and started to spit just as I put the quilt out on the deck. I tried it over the railing but these quick pics were the best I could do. It hasn't been washed yet and due to the hasty draping over the chair it looks a bit 'bubbly' between some of the random quilting lines, but it looks much better when lying flat.

She is addicted to pink so she can turn it over if she likes. The 'handover' is tomorrow night.


I believe! Very pretty now and it's just going to be even more so once it's washed and dried to crinkly perfection or is that pink confection...a pat on the back for finishing up just in time for the cold weather to take hold. She's going to be thrilled! :-D
ReplyDeleteGreat finish, well done you! Tracey
ReplyDeleteIt's terrific and I'm sure she'll love it!!
ReplyDeleteyou must feel great having it finished and Laura will love it - the weather is just right for snuggling. Say hello to Helen for me.
ReplyDeleteLove your coin quilt and your quilting!
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful! Laura will love it!