Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some days I think I'll delete my blog. Yesterday was one of those days. Today, I could go either way. Mainly because I don't seem to achieve much, which in turn can't make it very interesting reading. My friend Holly deleted her blog (And Sew It Is) and I was a bit shocked at the time. Now I can see it from her perspective. Why do I need a blog when I have all yours to look at?  I think I need to get out more.



It seems that this blog is full of posts about the fabric etc I've bought.  In the photo above though, I did buy the Kaffe book, but the sashiko book is Mum's, and the Owl kit is a belated birthday present from Mum.  Very cute.  I went to Mum's for coffee as I do most weeks excited to share the new Kaffe book with her, but also to give her a Japanese embroidery book of little Japanese motifs, which I didn't photograph.



I also went to Threads and More, the only decent yarn shop in Brisbane (that I'm aware of), and bought some of this gorgeous Organic cotton to do some crochet with.  I just love those Japanese books and also bought a crochet book.  Luckily I can crochet fairly well and can usually figure patterns out by looking at them, but this book, although in Japanese, explains in a visual way how to read a crochet chart which makes it fairly easy.  I love the subtle colours of this cotton.  The true colours are a little darker in real life. 

I was about to take a photo when I saw this pen on the table.  I like to use it for work because it's easily identified if someone else picks it up and claims it's theirs.  A day on the front seat of the car made it melt.  Yes it gets hot here in summer.



The Rowan milk cotton was a bit of a treat as I love this colour.  It was on sale for A$10 (I still thought that was fairly expensive) from A$18.75 - eeekk!  For some reason this photo has turned itself upside down and I can't get it to go back. 

Plus the sun is shining today - what a treat.

7 comments:

  1. Blogging is best done from time to time when you feel like it! I haven't posted anything new in a while, nothing intersting to report, unless you want to hear about my sorting through junk and hauling it away, lol. I see your blog title light up in my Google Reader when you add something. It's nice to stop by to see what you are up to so keep on writing as you see fit. I got such a kick out of the car repair guy story! Nice that you can pop in to have coffee with your Mum and surprise her with quilty gifts while you are at it. Hope the autumn weather has blown away those hot temps you had. I couldn't take the heat and I could not figure out a Japanese crochet chart even with pictures, lol. What are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog! Your world is so far removed from mine & yet we have such similar habits & pasttimes. Keep it up as long as you enjoy it, & know that you have many more readers than you realize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. What's the point of it all. I've given up blogging and reading, except mty favourites. i'm hardly sewing so there doesn't seem to be much point in blogging!

    I love the cottons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, there are times I start to feel that there is no one reading my blog and get terribly discouraged. I think the biggest reason I do keep posting is that I know there ARE visitors out there (even if just lurkers) and I am excited to share what I'm doing. I enjoy reading your blog. Don't worry about how much you are posting, or that you think it might be boring because others may not see it the same way as you. I love seeing fabric and yarn and what is going on in normal everyday life. The choice is ultimately yours, but know I love visiting, and will be around as long as you decide to keep posting :cD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel- I feel the same way sometimes but don't feel the need to post on any schedule, when you have something to say, say it, and when you don't - don't. I like your blog and I would miss it.

    Do you know where I can purchase the owl pattern in your picture? is there a website on the pattern by any chance? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jenni! As you can see by the infrequency of my blogging, I'm sort of the same way. I don't feel like I finish enough to be remotely interesting to other people. But I kind of started it as a log for me, so I've kind of continued it that way, not worrying too much about what others think about my blog. I think it's fun to ready what you do have to say, no matter if it's "completed" items. Up to you, but I enjoy reading it! BetsyE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenni,

    I'm glad you haven't deleted your blog. I subscribe to it through bloglines and love to catch up now and then on what's going on in your life. I will always remember our travel bug endeavors :)

    Your sashiko project looks fabulous. I love stitchery type things so I might look into getting myself a kit.

    Enjoy your autumn weather. Find a few caches. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to comment. I enjoy finding new blogs to visit by following comments and posts.